What do you do when asked to choose between two different things? If you ask me, the best way to choose is to carefully weigh the options and then go with the stuff that’s best suited to you. Well, there is a small exception here though. If you need to choose between two evils, it would be prudent enough to go with the lesser evil.
Possibilities of the Dukan Diet
Dukan diet is a high protein low carb diet. There is no room for any grains, cereals, legumes, fruits, starchy vegetables or full fat dairy products. The Dukan diet attempts to explore the possibilities of utilizing a diet that is highly concentrated in protein (which is mainly animal based) in order to lose weight and to stay healthy.
Stages of Transition in the Dukan Diet
The Dukan diet encourages users to adapt themselves to this diet in a gradual and step by step manner. No wonder that there are 4 different phases; each of them is designed to tackle different targets.
Benefits of Dukan Diet
- The Dukan diet has been proved to benefit people, who are looking for a healthy way to maintain a particular body weight and thus stay fit.
- It has been proved to bring about FAST and effective weight loss and users have reported a weight loss in about 2-8 weeks time.
Fresh Approach to Eating with Raw Food Diet
The Raw food diet is a term that is clearly self-explanatory. But if you thought that all foods in raw food diet were consumed raw, then you are mistaken. Actually there are varying levels of rawness in any raw food diet.
But majority of the times, 70% of the diet is consumed raw. Some foods that are cooked use a dehydrator that maintains temperatures lower 118 F. Different people have different reasons; but the most popular reason that motivates raw foodists is that it is more nutritious than cooked food.
To understand the nutritional value of food, you need to think about the reason why our bodies need food. There are numerous kinds of enzymes and vitamins and other nutrients that our body needs for optimal functioning, but is in-equipped to produce on its own.
That’s where your food comes in. It offers all the essential nutrients that your body, needs but cannot manufacture. Do you realize why junk food is called ‘junk’? It’s because it provides negligible or no nutritional value to your body.
Well, labeling junk food as non-nutritious is understandable. But why would anyone in their proper senses label cooked vegetables and fruits as non-nutritious? Raw foodists claim that heating the food beyond a certain point can break down or destroy the nutrients and enzymes in vegetables and fruits, rendering them useless with regard to nutritional value. So now you know why eating your veggies and fruits raw, makes ‘nutritional sense’
Benefits of Going Raw with Your Diet
- You are providing your body with highly nutritious foods, and also saving it from injurious effects of processing and refining agents as well as synthetic flavors.
- Raw food is said to promote a longer life, younger looking skin, excellent stamina and vigor and reduces inflammation.
- You can expect to lose a lot of weight and still maintain a fit and healthy physique while on a raw food diet.
- An improved mental ability and concentration has been reported by users of a raw food diet.
- Your immune system gets a boost, and the wonderful anti-oxidants in raw foods can actually defend the body against cancers, premature aging and excessive wear and tear of tissues
- Many of the obesity related and diet related disorders like Diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension etc can all benefit from a raw food diet.
Comparison of Dukan Diet and Raw Food Diet
- The Dukan diet is predominantly a protein based diet and focuses more on animal protein. Raw food diet focuses more on vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
- The Dukan diet severely restricts the use of fruits and certain vegetables like the starchy ones, while raw food diet is entirely based on these foodstuffs.
- The Dukan diet may not be appropriate for people who suffer from kidney disease, high cholesterol etc, while raw food diet is said to befit almost everyone, irrespective of their health conditions.
Which is the Better Diet?
If you ask me which of these two is the better diet, it would be difficult to answer that. But if you re-phrase the question, I can do better. The right question is which of these diets is the best suited for you, and the answer is for you to decide!